2018 Big Side of Texas Spring Championships Rules
* Riders Age
- Rider’s age is based on age as of 01/01/2018; birth certificate is required on request.
- Vet class ages will be determined by a rider’s age on the day of the event.
* Series Points
- All of a rider’s results will count for series points. You must ride 4 races to receive series awards.
- If all first motos are complete and weather prevents completion of 2nd motos, results will stand based
on 1st motos and on races completing both motos before cancelation. The decision to postpone or
cancel races is the decision of Brownlee Racing along with local track officials.
- If for any reason a moto must be stopped it will be considered complete if the leading rider has
completed over 50% of the laps. Example: 3 laps completed in a 5 lap race.
- Series Tie Breaker: If series end points are tied the rider with the best finish in the last moto is the series
winner. Example two riders at 105 points each, rider 1 has 2nd in last moto and rider 2 has 1st place in
last moto, rider 2 is the series winner.
- It is the rider’s responsibility to verify that they have been scored correctly, if you find a mistake it must
be corrected with the track that scored the race; please verify results before you leave the track.
* Class Structure
- All classes are modified classes.
- If it becomes necessary to run qualifiers the trackside program will randomly divide the classes into
heats and LCQ’S
- Big wheel rule was removed in 2016.
- All big bike beginner class series winners, 1st, 2nd and 3rd from spring 2017 must move to Novice in 2018
- All riders must participate in the class or classes for their skill level, bike displacement and
configuration in which their bikes qualify, only exception open class.
- There will be no 250F in any 450F class, 125 2-strokes and 250 2-strokes in 250F, 250 2-strokes can also
participate in the 450F class. Violation of this rule will result in disqualification from the class and you
will not be scored.
- If a rider’s bike fails during his/hers 1st Moto or before his/hers 2nd Moto due to mechanical fault,
they are allowed to borrow a bike. The borrowed bike must be same displacement as bike that
- It is a standing practice that classes can and will be combined in some cases this could
have a class that has more than one gate drop for instance 250 Pro and 250 intermediate, it
is the discretion of the track to determine if there will be one or two gate drops and any
- Race officials are not responsible for locating riders before their event.
- A rider must be on the starting line and under their own power cross the finish line to be scored for
- The white flag is a courtesy flag; it is not necessary to display the white flag at the beginning of the
- If a race should go an extra lap the race will be scored based on the number of laps that is posted. If
the race is posted for 5 laps and for some reason the race is not stopped until 6 or more laps are
completed. The race will be considered over at the end of the 5th lap. Scorekeepers lap sheets will
determine final finishes.
- DNS means did not start, a rider not coming to the line and completing one full lap will receive a DNS. They receive last place points plus 2 DNS points.